Monday, January 01, 2007

So long 2006

So, a new year, a new year list. In 2006 I clocked up 172 birds - not a huge tally in the scheme of things, but good enough for me. I wanted to get to 200, but I didn't quite get there. My life list is now at 318. My aim for 2007 is to get the life list up to 400, so i just need to find a lazy 82 new birds... Hopefully the first will be Regent Honeyeater - I'll be heading up to Capertee and surrounds next weekend to try and get that, and Hooded Robin, and anything else that's interesting. Have got into Uni @ Wagga, so I'll hopefully get onto Superb Parrot and a few other things. The drought could work in my favour, or against it.

Anyway - have a good year.

2 comments:

campsiebirder said...

ended up with 95 species for the trip to Wagga Wagga, SW and Central slopes, and the Riverina - including about 10 new species for life, around 25 for my Victorian list, 9 for my NSW list, and a lazy 70something for the year list, which is now at 120something.

So I'm on track for 200 for the year, and 400 for life by the end of the year. I'll update the figures above and put a link to the photos - I didn't really take many, but I took some. got some good shots of Brown Treecreepers, and some ok ones of Dusky Woodswallows, but that's about all.

campsiebirder said...

Ok, it was actually 94 for the trip, 13 new species for life, 30 for Victoria and after my trip to Kurnell and Boat Harbour on the weekend, the year list is at 140, and life list is at 337. Some photos are up, but have a look at the photo post for links.